Saturday, July 20, 2013

And yet, I'm still writing

So...it's really late.  I'm exhausted.  And I'm not at home.

I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat at my house.  I had a long day at work.  Then I had an event after work I had to go to.  Then my mom called and asked me to please please PLEASE come to their house (about 45 minutes from me).  So I did, but didn't get here till around 8:30.

Home is always an escapade.  Tonight is no exception.  I'm exhausted, but just came up to my bedroom to find that it has been transformed into a room in which to hang herbs.  Given that both of my sisters are also home, I am stuck here, amongst the herbs.

I am sure there is something funny or profound in that.  A proverb or something, right?  "She who sleepeth among herbs shall know true _________."  Or "She who sleepeth with rosemary and oregano shall find ______________."  I'm not even sure what herbs they are.  They look....dried.

I had this awesome post I was going to write, but it's going to have to wait for tomorrow.  Between the hour and the escapade and the herbs, my thoughts are a little jumbled.  Weird, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment