Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ten Things I Should Have Learned By Now


Part 2 of the exercise discussed yesterday is to write a list of 10 things you should have learned by now.  Here is my list:

10 Things I Should Have Learned By Now

(1) Dishes never wash themselves.  Particularly if you don't have a dishwasher.

(2) Trust your gut.  It doesn't have a reason to lie to you.  If other people don't trust your gut, trust it anyway.  If you're on the fence as to whether or not to trust it, trust it.  If you're not sure if you want to trust it, or you're not sure why it's telling you something, just go with it.  I don't know why, and I don't know how it works, but you've got to trust it.  End of story.

(3) When people show you who they truly are, believe them the first time around.

(4)  A few deep breaths can move you further than you think. 

(5) Perfectionism is too much work.

(6) From a book I use with my clients: worries are like tomatoes.  The more you tend to them, the more they grow. 

(7) Self care.  Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.

(8) Anxiety is just a big bully.  You can stand up to it, set limits with it, and teach it not to push you around.

(9) Weird things happen to me with statistically significant frequency.

(10) I am so much stronger than I believe.


                                                                           (This is #11)

What about you?  What should you have learned by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment