Thursday, July 11, 2013

Keepin' it brief tonight...

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”   ― Haruki Murakami

This quote so accurately describes my thoughts tonight.  It's been one heck of a week.  It's crazy how I can feel so strong, and so exhausted at the same time. 

You know those things that you do that you can say, "WOW, that was important.  That was a big deal for me, and was kinda like walking across coals."  Have you ever had a time when it was something that looks small...inconsequential...something no one would think is a big deal...that is just different for you?  It feels like everybody else gets to walk across coals that have been doused with water, while yours still have little flames AND you're barefoot, but you're supposed to look like you're just walkin' along like everybody else.  That's today.  In an attempt to manage all this appropriately, I'm keeping this short and going to bed.  Tomorrow, I hope to wake up completely on the other side of this storm.

Peace, y'all. <3

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. You found the words to describe the very thing I have been struggling with. I have felt like that a lot lately. It can be very lonely and isolating, but I am glad to know we are not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete